Wednesday, December 20, 2006

faces, places, and races

After having the privilege of working for Norm for many years, the number of experiences would be way beyond my memory. Norm was a great boss, freind and my personal career is a credit to Norm. Norm and I experienced many business trips together. I must admit that Norm was a very patient man although I always enjoyed watching Norm’s facial expression. Norm is one of the most honest and innocent people I know. One thing about Norm is that you would always clearly notice when he was embarrassed, upset, anxious….when Norm was uptight, his lips would tremble and it was time to back off. When Norm was embarrassed, his face would turn red as a beet. I will never forget the time I was at a business conference with Norm and happened to notice a tall attractive Afro American lady walk up to Norm as he was entering the elevator. This was one of those times that Norm turned red as a beet. I still laugh to myself about this because I always knew Norm was as innocent as a flea but he was extremely embarrassed.

I also remember when Norm and I were in Bloomer Wisconsin during the big Halloween Snow storm. Norm was driving and I told Norm that I have never missed a single Halloween with my kids at home. Norm assured me that he would get us home in plenty of time for Halloween. I don’t think Norm realized that we would receive 12+ inches of snow that afternoon. Regardless, Norm was determined to get me home on time as we were flying down I 94 on ice and snow heading toward the Cities. I was a little bit concerned and told Norm not to worry about Halloween. Norm ignored my comment as we continued to plow through ice and snow and eventually we even had the opportunity to experience a unique ride with Norm’s car driving down the interstate perpendicular with the car immediately adjacent to us which happened to be a Wisconsin highway patrol. Unbelievably, Norm got the car under control as we passed the highway patrol that made some unusual facial expressions toward us along with a direct signal to slow down. Thanks to Norm, I was actually home a little late but in plenty of time to continue the tradition that has last until today OF NOT MISSING a Halloween with my Kids.

Happy Birthday Norm!
God Bless!
Clint Fall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home